Monday, December 26, 2011

First Quilt Design

I love Domestic Bliss by Liz Scott and actually pre-ordered two layer cakes from Green Fairy Quilts (I love that option)! It is really simple to cut the layer cakes into charm packs and that's what I did to start. The squares are 5" with 1.5" Bella Solid White sashing (both unfinished).

I put my favorite 25 charms on the floor and moved them around until I had the balance I wanted. Then I made the same design in Publisher. After I arranged the fabric squares on the floor, I downloaded jpgs of the entire Domestic Bliss line from ModaFabrics.com and moved them around on the computer screen. Then I printed a piece of graph paper and drew the design by hand to the proper proportions.

The center square was a fussy cut from the layer cake because I really like the symmetry of the design and wanted that special center square to be symmetrical as well.

Now I'm ready to start sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...