Sunday, January 8, 2012

Disappearing Nine Patch-Sophie by Chez Moi for Moda-Sophie Nine Patch Square

I LOVE to plan new quilts! And one of my very favorite blocks is the Disappearing Nine Patch! I purchased several Sophie by Chez Moi for Moda Charm Packs and this quilt will use one charm pack (36 out of 44 charms). This quilt will be square with cream sashing like a windowpane-my TWO favorites together (the Disappearing Nine Patch and Windowpanes)!

When planning the Nine Patch, I like to pick something dark and solid for the center. Then I selected the "prettiest" charms for the corners because those won't get cut. The other 4 charms are "bars" and I like those in solids and lights. I can already see two charms I want to swap, but I'll do that later. For now, the charms are stacked with my notes ready for a plastic zippie to be put in the queue. I'll call this quilt (as each quilt must have a name!) "Sophie Nine Patch Square".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...