Saturday, February 18, 2012

Terrain Layer Cake by Kate Spain for Moda-4 Baby Quilts or Blankets

I've been doing a lot of planning with my sharp pencil and quilting notebook, so not much has made it onto the blog. But tonight, instead of just virtual design, I got out a layer cake and started moving around the squares on the table...THEN I came back to the computer for quick mockups. This would be darling using a charm pack, including all the charms, but this one is from a layer cake.

The pink one will use the four blocks to make one baby quilt with jelly roll sashing and flannel strips of Dahlia around the edge. I might include batting or just finish the back with flannel, we'll see.

I'll print this and take it to the sewing machine, since I butchered a charm pack of Ten Little Things by Jenn Ski by connecting the wrong squares! I should post that photo because I cut up a chenille-like blanket from IKEA (only $10!!!! and I have lots left over!) to use for backing, just to see if it would work! It's awesome, thick, and makes an awesome little play mat!

The plan is to make four baby blankets or quilts with the Disappearing Nine Patch and white sashing...two of my favorite quilt features! Stay tuned for more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...